Commences 3:00pm to 5:00pm
The Barista course is aimed at home users interested in improving their coffee making skills as well as those that may be interested in a career as a Barista.
Location: The course will be conducted at Dandelion and Driftwood - Shop 1, 45 Gerler Road, Hendra Queensland, 4011
Week 1 : Introduction and The Espresso
- Coffee basics – Orientation of La Marzocco FB80 and Mazzer Robur E grinder;
- Grinder settings (coffee particle size);
- Extraction process – Coffee particle size (grind), water temperature and tamping methods.
Create and taste coffee using various extraction and dosing methods.
Week 2: Milk Texturing
- Coffee basics – standard recipes for cappuccino, cafe latte, flat white & long espresso
- Creating the prefect milk foam
- Spliting the milk for pouring into to two cups/glasses
- Texture and taste milk
- Stratergies for pouring into each type of cup or glass
- Texturing, Full cream, Lite Milk & Soya Milk