- Advanced Roasting Course
17/10/2019 - 18/10/2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This Advanced Roasting Course is tailored for those who have completed the Mastering the Craft of Roasting & Cupping – Beginner Course. The focus is now on slow and fast ramping profiles, managing Rate of Rise curve to help you gain the practical direct experience using Cropster and similar products. Explore new and unique flavour profiles that can be achieved when 2 or more coffees are brought together. Begin to understand the intricacies involved in coffee roasting and blending in order to achieve balance and synergy in the cup.
- Increase and decrease of the drying phase and the effects on cup quality
- Increase and decrease of the Maillard Phase and the effects on the cup quality
- Slow and Fast Ramping of Temperature and the effects on Volume, Acidity, Body, Bitterness and Soluble Solids
- Decoding Rate of Rise
- Roasting for Espresso and Filter Concepts
- Strategies for blending – complementary & contrasting flavours in the cup, managing seasonality
- What is a blend and why do we blend?
- Green Blending and Post Roast Blending
- Blend considerations – microclimate, processing method, varietal, density, bean screen size, altitude
The sensory component of the course focuses on:
- Cupping numerous single origins
- Cupping for roast variations
- Cupping for flavour
We recommend this course for those people who have previous experience working on a coffee roaster and completed our Mastering the Craft of Roasting & Cupping – Beginner Course.
All participants will be required to wear enclosed shoes and sleeved shirts.
This is a group session with a maximum of 6 to 8 people per class. The course runs over 2 days starting at 9.00am and concluding at 3.oopm, with a light lunch provided.
Conducted by Master Roaster Peter Wolff in the Wolff College of Coffee and on our two Probatino Gas Roasters.
If you would like to know more information please contact a member of our education Team 07 3267 5551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org