- Mastering Blending - November
22/11/2018 - 23/11/2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This 2 day course introduces the experienced roaster to the art of blending. Explore new and unique flavour profiles that can be achieved when 2 or more coffees are brought together. Begin to understand the intricacies involved in coffee roasting and blending in order to achieve balance and synergy in the cup.
Course components include:
- What is a blend and why do we blend?
- Post Blend vs Pre Blend
- Strategies for blending – complementary & contrasting flavours in the cup, managing seasonality
- Blend considerations – microclimate, processing method, varietal, density, bean screen size, altitude
- Language for coffee – where does flavour come from, taste the rainbow, sensory habituation, flavour wheel
- Differentiating blending for espresso & filter coffee
Day one of course involves pre-blending and roasting on our Probatino Gas Roasters.
Day two focuses on post-blending, where pre-roasted coffee samples will be supplied for blending purposes.
We recommend this course for those people who have a solid roasting skill level and have completed our Mastering the Craft of Roasting & Cupping – Beginner Course.
All participants will be required to wear enclosed shoes and sleeved shirts.
This is a group session with a maximum of 8 to 10 people per class. The course runs over 2 days starting at 9.00am and concluding at 3.oopm, with a light lunch provided.
Conducted by Master Roaster, Peter Wolff, in the Wolff College of Coffee and on our two Probatino Gas Roasters
If you would like to know more information please contact a member of our education Team 07 3267 5551 or email email@example.com